Three kids, a dog and a garden

6.15.2010

Summer is Here!!!

Hello Readers,
Well it is now June and things are starting to look up! My beautiful daughter Sofia is growing fast and so is my garden, plus by this time next week I could be working either for a steel erection company or a big orange box....

Sofia was born in April, healthy as can be. My in-laws came up for the week of her birth to hang out and help out which they did, keeping the boys occupied and the house straight as Ang and I welcomed our new child. Evan and Cole love their baby sister.

Evan and Doug helped with putting in a nice garden bed and planting many veggies. We have corn, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes (San Marzanos!), peas, carrots, lettuce, basil, parsley, lavender, zuchini, watermelon and strawberries. All seem to be growing well except for the watermelon, we probably arent in the right region for that. Something ate all but one of my Romaine lettuce plants, God help that little creature if I catch it. We also recently discovered that we have wild blackberries growing in the back of our property, can anyone say Blackberry Jam?! I have to confess that I dont know the first thing about gardening but I come from a long line of green thumbs and so I hope that by just being out there, I will summon some gardening know-how from my DNA.
So with three kids now, a garden and property that always needs something, I dont find many spots of boredom. Its funny to me because even though I havent had a job I seem to find so many things to keep me busy. Thankfully I have had some side work to do which helped with the income shortfalls.

What about my job search, well it could end soon. Last week I went on a some interviews to become a sales rep for one of our nations largest retailers. Its 100% commission pay and I am pretty nervous. I have not held a position like this before and I keep thinking, "blessing in disguise" but is there really such a thing? Since its the only open door right now, I am going to put my whole heart into it and see what happens while praying that God watches my back. Ill try to log in and post again soon to keep you readers up to date.

Well, its a beautiful day outside today so I need to get off this computer and pick something off my to-do list and turn up my doing dial! You do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home