Three kids, a dog and a garden

2.12.2010

Home but not Alone

So its been two weeks since being laid off. Now I am home everyday with Ang and the kids, which I count as a blessing because I get to spend more time with them. Not that I didnt spend good quality time before, its just now there is so much more of it. Since being grounded, my youngest, Cole, has really taken to me and vice versa. I love having two boys. So energetic and enthusiastic.




Well while home I have also got to tackle a few projects around the house such as swapping out some electrical outlets (original to the house 1926), reorganized the kitchen and dining room and made space for a usable office while also giving the kids a play room. More like a toy room.
The cold weather has been a beast. 20 degree averages really dampen the outdoor activities however it has made for some great ice skating. Oh yeah, Im teaching my jock-to-be first born to skate so he can play hockey (his request not mine). Funny thing is, Im teaching myself at the same time. I am finding many similarities to skiing so its going rather well.
The job search is a lot harder than I was anticipating. Ive never been out of a job before and all my previous searches were done while being employed. I think what adds to the level of difficulty though is this horrible economy. As much as I love managing construction I am beginning to think I may have to switch industries again.
I would like to be back to work before the baby arrives in April, but at the same time it would be great to not have to start a new job then immediately have to take time out again.
Angie and I are getting excited for the birth of our daughter. So far the pregnancy has been healthy and steady which is a blessing. We have a few names picked out but we wont decide until she is born most likely. Evan likes to call her Lidia. We are not sure where he came up with that name though.
Well, I have pretty much brought you up to speed. I wish Ang and I could remember to find the time to keep this up to date on a more frequent basis. But for now this is what the readers will have to live with, a random update in between life events. Thank for your interest.
Take care, rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home